Short Excerpts:

The short story excerpts are from my very own stories. I hold them close and dear to me. I hope you enjoy reading as much as i enjoyed writing.


Series : The Beginning'z'
The Awakening:

“Alice, wake up!”
I turned over.
ALICE!”
“WHAT?”
“Wake up; we have to pack, NOW!”
Eyebrows knitted together I glared up at my twenty four year old cousin.
What the hell is wrong with you Rita, I have the day off today remember?”
“That’s not the problem, here take this, pack a bag, only your essentials, we need to move now.”
Confused, I watched her dash out my bedroom door.
“…The hell?”
Yawning I pushed the duffel to a side and rose from my queen sized bed.
“Damn I’m so tired” I stretched “…what time is it?”
Frowning I tapped my kitty alarm clock.
12:05 am blinked in frozen status.  
“That can’t be right.”
I fumbled through my vanity draws, “where is it?”, and pushed through woolen blankets on the bed.
“Arghh where is it!”
Getting up from my knees I yelled out the door. “ Rita have you seen my watch?”
“ARE YOU GETTING READY?”
“Stop answering with a question.”
“Alice!”
Annoyed I ignored her and asked again. “Where’s my watch?”
She ran into my room, face sweaty, eyes wild.
“I can’t believe you haven’t started yet.” She screeched.
“Started what?”
“Getting ready!”
Sighing I counted to ten.
“First, where’s my watch, second where the hell am I suppose to be packing for?”
“Your watch is on the kitchen counter where you left it last night “
She brushed past me and opened the duffle bag lying pathetically on my bed.
“Hurry up.” She beckoned.
“What am I hurrying for? What’s going?” I walked over to her side.
She swung around to face me.
“Evacuation Alice, the place is in a state of emergency.”
Throwing up her hands she ran out my bedroom a few feet down the hall and into her own. The TV was blaring. I hadn't noticed it before.  
I followed. “What are talking about?”
She pointed to the screen and flew into her bathroom.
“All residents of the High State area are asked to report to down town city mall as soon as possible.
Residents are asked to bring only their essentials. Pets can be delivered at High State city’s Animal center.
Residents are asked to hold their valuables and have their Id’s at all times.”
The blond kept repeating the same words in a slightly high aggravated tone.
Pangs of agitation crept in.
“What the hell is going on Rita?” I asked slowly.
She started to run pass and I grabbed her arm tightly.
“RITA.”
Eyes wild her usually tanned face paled to fit her grey eyes.
“I tried calling you, but you wouldn't answer.”
“That usually happens when people are asleep.” I stepped in front, palms facing her.  “What’s going on?”
She stared at me, eyes wide, skin flushed.
Her room distracted me. It was just a chaotic as her face.
 Her bed was cluttered with clothes, shoes and only heaven knew what else.
Abruptly she grabbed my shoulders and my attention returned to her.
“The boss came in and told everyone to go home immediately.” Her voice sounded raw while she spoke. “They said we’re being evacuated as soon as possible.”
My green eyes searched hers. “Evacuated? What? To where? Why? When?”
“Now and I don’t know why, all I know is we gotta hurry Alice… we gotta hurry now!”
She pushed me out of the way and ran out.
Dazed I ran into my room grabbed my duffle bag and shoved a few female essentials in along with a couple of comfortable clothing, ID, my passport and purse. Pulling on my socks and sneakers I decided against changing my sweat suit. At the moment It was warm and if push came to shove I could remove the jacket. I didn't know what would happen later and if it got colder, my clothing would help.
“Are you ready?”
Give me a sec, I yelled and ran into the kitchen with my bag.
.....

Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular Posts