What does it look like?

Anxiety
Anxiety (Photo credit: Rima Xaros)

Amazing how a man who only saw me for fifteen minutes could prescribe a life alternating drug so callously.
Amazing how one pill could start me down a road of sorrow, pain, confusion anger and resentment.
Wait one second! Weren't these the things that it was suppose to fix? Why was it getting worse?
But psychiatrists are smart. ( Especially when their pay check is online.) I mourn the loss of not finding out the true extent and dangers I'd have to face, but I’m becoming stronger for it.
Now I'll understand my anxiety and try to work with it instead of try to stifle it with a pill that causes it to get worse.
Even as I write this now, the effects are swimming through me. And at times I almost want to give in and put it back in. But then I'd be in the same useless situation I was in before. So yes, I'll feel sick, and hurt and angry and anxious and deal with all the withdrawal symptoms the pill has to offer. But when I do survive, I can stand on top and say. I SURVIVED!

Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Popular Posts